Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Single Woman Facts

I'm stealing from my own Tumblr here. There are some things I want to move over in an effort to keep everything tidy in one place.

I was told the other day that one of the worst things you can say to a single woman (for the record, I find it extremely insulting that people feel the need to share random “single woman facts” with a single woman) is that she’s too pretty to have not yet found a man.
This was followed up with a, “You just haven’t found the right one yet.”
Ok. First of all, I didn’t start this conversation and I need no validation for my choices.
Secondly, and most importantly, if I still have certain doubts about being in a relationship:
1) Is he going to be sleeping in my bed every night?
2) Do I have to share my almond butter?
3) Will he be adding his books to my bookcase?
Then I don’t need to be pursuing a relationship with anyone.
It doesn’t matter how pretty I am, or how funny, or how intelligent. If I’m not willing to share my space, I think it logically follows that I won’t be able to share my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment