Tuesday, January 21, 2014

2 Days Before New Years Resolutions

Original post was from another blog I was trying out, so please forgive the timing confusion. Obviously, it is not two days before the new year, but I'm copying all of my posts from there to my main blog, which I'd abandoned for far too long.

New Year's Resolutions tend to get dropped, right? So, my plan is to start a health & fitness plan two days before everyone else.

Inspired by Gracie's Lean '14, I've decided to use my new juicer (thanks, Santa!) at least every morning to get a nutrient-packed start to the day and to complete the New York Times 7-minute workout daily.

I don't have any concrete goals in mind, which may turn out to be a problem. I do know that I'd like my skin to clear up and I'd like to have more energy. It would also be super great if my pants fit a bit better.

Today was day one and I had a juice for breakfast and a juice with lunch. I won't be able to have juice in the middle of the day once I go back to work, but I'll take advantage of having the rest of this week off. I recently watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, which has fueled my juicing fire. I got both recipes for today's juices from the official website for the movie, one of which was delicious and one of which I had to gag down. I despise the flavor of ginger and the recipe called for it, so I tried, but ew. From now on, I'll put a mixture of fruits and veggies together that sound good and hope for the best. I will no longer put in ingredients that I know I don't like.

I also completed the NYT 7-minute workout after dinner using this app. I love the app because it allows me to listen to my own workout mix while using the app. The app also alerts you with audio when it's time for a transition. If you're unfamiliar with the NYT 7M workout, it's a series of twelve body weight exercises that you do for 30 seconds each, followed by a ten second rest. The number of cycles is up to you. I'm only completing one cycle right now as I am absolutely physically inactive, but I'm confident I'll be completing multiple cycles by month end.

What I need now is a buddy for accountability and I'm set!

No comments:

Post a Comment