Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Biddy

A customer came up to the window to pay for the work done on her vehicle.

I asked her to please sign for the repairs. She scrawls out her name and I thank her.

"What are you thanking me for?" she asks snippily.

"Excuse me?" I respond. I always try to make a person repeat what they've said when they're being rude. Then they really have to stick to their rude guns.

"I saaaiiiiid, 'What are you thanking me for?"

First of all, that's a presposition at the end of your sentence. There is no secondly.

"I thanked you for signing, as I asked you to."

She comes back with an exaggerated eyeroll.

What.

The.

Hell.

1. When did people start becoming irritated at an attempt at politeness?

2. At what age does one cross over into being a complete hag?

3. How does one avoid this transition?

4. At what age is an old lady too old to punch in the throat?

No comments:

Post a Comment