Sunday, January 8, 2012

Elfin Forest

My manfriend and I, on a recommendation from a coworker, hiked Elfin Forest in Escondido yesterday. I think we agree that it's now our favorite hike in San Diego County. There are so many different paths to take that it could be different every time you go. It's challenging, but not so difficult as to be discouraging. There are plenty of shaded areas mixed in with the sunshine-y bits. There are also some pretty incredible views along the way.

Dylan checks out the land we've conquered at the beginning of the hike. I dig his conquering pose.


















I'm sort of adorable. This is my pre-red-face-sweaty-body look.














Overlooking Lake Hodges.































We ended up hiking nearly 5.5 miles in a little over 2 hours.

We kicked up a lot of dust. As evidenced here:


















I can't wait to get back and try another path.

Bonus pic from Friday night! We did a quick sunset hike up Cowles Mountain and used the new hats that Mama Barr gave us to help us along the way.














That's me at the peak. Always a lovely view of San Diego up top.

While I couldn't force myself to the gym three times this week as planned, two hikes in two days alleviates the guilt.

Happy Sunday all!

2 comments:

  1. That is an impressive dust legging, lady. And, 5.5 miles in 2 hours is quite a pace, when you're hiking! Next up: backpacking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To clarify, my legs are not quite that manly. Those are Dylan's. I only had leggings to wear that day, so my legs were protected from that fate.
    We'll defs need to try backpacking soon. It just seems so...daunting. Are we ready? Can we do it?
    Can't wait to see you soon and go on our group hike!

    ReplyDelete